09 June 2017

Rad | Majken Pullin, Sketch 307

Hello Creative Scrappers, and happy Friday.  I'm so glad you joined us today!  This month's sketch can go so many directions, and I opted to modify it just a bit by using a striped background as my base to keep the theme of the strips of papers.  Here's my take using Cocoa Vanilla's You Rock collection - it's has such fun colors!  And they go great with photos of my son riding his new bicycle.


 I cut a few strips of the patterned papers to put some color on the gray and white striped background, and I sewed along a few of them.  I even sewed along one of the die cut ephemera pieces.


I flicked some mists for a bit of color, using Heidi Swapp Mustard Color Shine, Mister Huey's Real Red, and CTMH Pacifica reinker.  

I used one of the journaling squares to create my third square area.


I matted my photos with a few squares of patterned paper, and then layered two chipboard sticker frames on top.  Then I popped both the photos up with some foam tape.


For my title, I use the Outline Alpha from The Cut Shoppe and welded the letters together.  Then I backed them with the blue patterned paper.  I added my journaling underneath the title.


I used more ephemera and chipboard pieces around the page to add extra interest. 

Don't be afraid to rotate or add your own personality to the sketch in a fun way!  Our sponsor this month is Altenew, and I have my eye on their new alphabet die set...all the heart eyes!  Can't wait until it is back in stock.

Please share your layouts on Instagram and tag us (@CreativeScrappers) with the hashtag #CSSketch307 and #CreatingWithSketches!  And link up your take on the main sketch 307 page found in the top right corner of this blog.

Finally, come I'd love you to follow me on my Instagram @chocoscrapaholic and blog

Have a super weekend full of crafty time!

Majken


2 comments: