04 August 2017

Summer Refreshments, Sketch 309 | Majken Pullin

Hello Creative Scrappers and happy Friday!

What is your favorite summer refreshment?  I adore iced tea, and even though I'm from Texas, I don't drink it sweetened.  I love how iced tea goes with just about everything!  And during a trip this summer to Colorado, I got to enjoy a breakfast of a croissant with an iced tea on the patio.  Take a peek at my layout.


This fabulous sketch calls for two photos, but the photo I wanted to scrap wouldn't have had the same impact if I'd printed it smaller (you may not be able to see the mountains in the background of my photo as it is!).  Aren't these bright colors in Echo Park's Summer Fun collection charming?  

Here are a few close-ups.  I used the chipboard stickers for "Summer" and cut "refreshments" out using my Cameo.  You see how the aqua striped "M" in summer matched the stripes in my background?  I totally didn't plan for that - it was a serendipity.  :)


How fun is that plaid paper?!  I did some distressing and stitching around the edges, and I tucked in one of the journaling squares "warm sunny moments".  


I love the white space on the left of the design, but because I used such colorful papers, I decided to sprinkle a bits of different inks to tie it all together...plus a few enamel dots.


I used the area towards the bottom for my journaling, plus more chipboard stickers for dimension.  I love that little floral pineapple!


I'm so glad you stopped by!  I hope my take on the sketch inspires you to use the sketch in a fun way, and share your layout on Instagram!  

Tag us (@CreativeScrappers) with the hashtag #CSSketch309 and #CreatingWithSketches! And link up your take on the main sketch 309 page found in the top right corner of this blog for your chance to win sponsor Clique Kits' $15 gift certificate.  Here's a peek at the sketch.



I'd love for you to come follow me on Instagram {@chocoscrapaholic} and my blog - come on over!

I hope you have a super weekend with your favorite summer refreshment.

Majken

2 comments:

  1. Loving your layout❣️I feel refreshed just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete